Why you Should Quit Smoking
When you stop smoking will improve the length and quality of your life. When you end you addition to cigarettes, your body starts to repair itself as early as the first day. You will live longer and reduce your chance of developing heart disease, cancer, breathing problems, and infections. And there are many other benefits other than your health.
Health benefits of quitting
Your body will start rejuvenating itself as soon as you Smoke that Last Cigarette.
Your Bodies Time Table
- 20 minutes – your blood pressure drops to a level similar to what it was before your last cigarette.
- 8 hours – the level of carbon monoxide (a toxic gas) in your blood drops to normal.
- 24 hours – your risk of having a heart attack starts to drop
- 2 weeks to 3 months – the airways in your lungs relax and your can get more air into your lungs and breathe easier
- 1 to 9 months – you cough less and your lungs work even better.
- 1 year – your added risk of coronary heart disease is half than that of a smoker’s
- 5 years – you have the same chance of having a stroke as a non-smoker
- 10 Years – your chance of dying from lung cancer is much lower. So is your chance of getting cancer in your mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney, and/or pancreas
- 15 Years – your risk of coronary heart disease is similar to that of a non-smoker
Visit Quit Smoking Moncton today to begin your New Life