Mould Inspection for Barrie, Alliston and Orillia
Barrie Home Inspection Services is trained to perform mold tests accurately, and use the latest precision testing equipment. We are trained to know where to test for mold and can test multiple areas of the home. As a professional we can locate mold you might miss yourself, and you’ll get results in a timely manner.
When is it Necessary to Test For Mold?
We recommend testing your home for mold if:
- You smell a musty odor in the home (a musty odor is almost always caused by some sort of mold).
- Your home has recently been flooded (mold frequently begins to grow after a home has been flooded).
- You discover mold in one area of the home (mold spreads quickly and easily throughout a home, so if you have mold in one part of the home, we recommend testing the rest of the home in case the mold has spread).
- You or another member of your household have symptoms of mold-related health problems, such as chronic sinus infections, chronic sore throats, frequent headaches, coughing, wheezing, unexplained rashes or hives, or unexplained fatigue.
- You may also want to have your home tested for mold if you or another member of your household has a health condition that can be made worse by exposure to mold, such as asthma, severe environmental allergies, respiratory disorders, or immune system disorders.
- You suspect there is hidden mold in your home that you can’t find.
Mould Inspection Methods
Visual inspection – This is done as part of every Home Inspection performed. If mould is visually detected then further sampling is not required until after remediation has been completed. The Barrie Home Inspection service checks every home with a Moisture Meter and Thermal Imaging Camera.
Air Sampling – Two or more samples are taken using a Professional Air Sampler which collects spores and allergens, which are then sent to an accredited laboratory for analysis. An outdoor baseline air sample is also taken when the weather permits.
Material Testing – Bulk, tape or swab sampling is performed at any suspect mould site or at areas designated by the client.
Thermal Imaging – Used to inspect for unseen areas of moisture or conditions which may produce mould. This is included Free with every home inspection package.
Tests Results – The home owner will receive a written report documenting results of laboratory testing. A recommended course of action to re-mediate the mould and digital and infrared pictures of any visible mould discovered.
Always Remember when buying a home: Caveat Emptor – Buyer Beware A knowledgeable consumer is a smart consumer.